Slice #1 -- My Morning Tea


Happy March 1!  I love waking up to a glorious little writing challenge.  What I love waking up to even more though is a glass of black iced tea.  This morning, I've woken up to no tea in the fridge--an indicator of my chaotic week.

It will be okay though.  It's Friday!  ... and Fryday (fish fry dinner night in StL is also glorious) 
I'll drop some tea bags into a boiling pot of water as soon as I hit publish and consider how I'll complete the things on my list for today.

I've already considered how I'll tackle Slice of Life this year.  I like a good theme.  It helps me get through the challenge.  I've done 31 mini genres and last year, 31 identities.  This year, I'm going with 31 'objects.' 

I want to reflect a bit on the likely small things in my life that make a big impact.  I'll show a little gratitude.  For funsies, I also plan to use AI to generate my daily photo.  So far, I've shied away from using it because I honestly just like writing so much.  As an educator, I feel it is smart to get more acquainted though, and art seems a good way to dip my toe.  I'll be using Adobe Firefly.

So, why iced tea?  I drink a lot.  A lot, a lot.  I don't have any kind of liquid challenge or quota.  I just always seem to be thirsty.  During the daylight hours (unless day drinking seems to be appropriate for that day) you will find me with a glass bottle in arm's length.  Sometimes it's water, mostly because that's what comes out of fountains at work.  But, if I have the choice, it's plain old cold black tea.  Don't be fooled by the generated photo.  No mint, and certainly no lime (that's for nighttime drinks).  I like it.  It tastes good.  I'm super glad it exists.  Life would be more boring without it.  Cheers to tea!   

I'm looking forward to a month with this community.  Happy Slicing Everyone!



 

Comments

  1. Your piece reminds us that we can each make this challenge our own! I am intrigued and impressed by your getting familiar with AI generated illustrations. I do agree we all need to become familiar with this tech and you are working it. I also like your idea of themes, and while I dont want to use a theme, your themes are good prompts we all can use.
    I also appreciate your calm humor as we start the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your iced tea is purposefully cold. I drink cold tea when I have forgotten my cup and the hot tea has cooled down. I drink more than one cup of tea during a day: usually green tea in the morning, something fruity during a day and peppermint in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such fun themes for your writing. I may need to make a list of possible themes to choose from when I hit a writing wall. Do you come up with them on your own or use some source for inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such vivid memories of drinking iced tea for the first time. I grew up in Britain, so iced tea was most definitely NOT A THING, but I'd vaguely heard of it. But store-bought iced tea in cans was being promoted, by the time I was in my 20s (this is the late 1990s) - I bought some and it was disgusting. A total letdown. Just sweetness and tannins. Shortly after, when visiting the States for the first time, I experienced homemade iced tea properly. It's great stuff, especially in the summer, but I can't imagine drinking every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My best tea memories are of Grammy brewing it in a glass jug on the sun porch :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts