Slice #31 -- The Porch

I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... my back porch.

I live in a very densely populated part of the city.  Yet, I swear my porch is this quiet let get away.  There was a magical little moment this morning, so still, so peaceful as I let the dogs out (I have THREE but no matter how many times I typed it into AI, it would not add my chihuahua...boo!).  They sniffed and roamed while I sat and took it all in.

A dove on the power line.  A starling in the bird bath.  Squirrels scattering on the fence line.  Chilly morning air.  A bold naturey smell.  Deep silence.

It will be chaotic soon.  Good chaos including food and drinks and friends and family.  I'm grateful for the quiet start and for the push to write and reflect every morning of March with this community.  As always, it's been a pleasure.

Wishing everyone a continuous writing habit and many blessings.  

Comments

  1. Porches, front stoops, back decks - among the finest features of St. Louis' urban architecture, and the places where a lot of quiet happy moments happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up early-ish and the sun is still rising but the comment that I posted at 6:40 am but is showing as 4:40 am?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea to use AI to generate images to go along with your slice. I'm sorry that this final slice is the first one I've read this month, but it was fun to browse through the other images you've generated throughout the month. I can see students getting really into creating an AI image as a part of the publishing process for their own work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts