Cleanliness is Godliness and My Fridge is Empty


Today is lovely.  You know those days where you just wake up happy, and damn it feels good (to be a gangster)?  Anyways, back to the kitchen, the fridge, and the dealing with the old before you restock with the new.

Random, almost bad food that needed to get out of the way:

  • a bag of pears
  • a half used carton of cherry tomatoes
  • an almost expired block of tofu
  • beyond the suggested date chicken breasts
I now magically have:
  • pearsauce!... a new twist after last week's applesauce that I had never even really considered might actually exist.  The internet is a lovely place for recipes.  Looking forward to this gem as a tasty treat all week.  Plus, I saved all of the cores for the ravenous bunnies and squirrels in the back yard.  
  • roasted those babies in oil with salt & fresh garlic.  All sealed up and ready to be added to tomorrow morning's weekend quiche.  Also stoked about this 'out of nowhere' idea that struck me.  Believing it will make tomorrow morning's weekend quiche even more flavorful.  Fuck, I'm hungry.
  • Tofu Bites.  A well-leaned-on classic as a go-to snack.  Nutritional Yeast & Greek Seasoning... my mouth is literally watering.
  • Currently roasting in the crock pot for dogs, old chicken.  lol
The theme being, damn, I love food and damn, I love not wasting food, and damn, (of course) I love being a gangster.   



Comments

Popular Posts