I Learned to Zest and I Liked it


This was never the way I planned

Not my intention
I got so brave, drink in hand
Lost my discretion
It's not what I'm used to
Just wanna try you on
I'm curious for you
Caught my attention

I learned to zest and I liked it
The taste of that ginger snapped back
I zest a time just to try it
I hope my husband will like it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I zest a time and I liked it
I liked it

My Mom never cooked with fresh ginger.  In fact, I'm not sure she cooked with ginger at all.  Perhaps in a pumpkin pie?  As I ventured into curry town last year, I gave fresh ginger a try... using a garlic press.  
I have no idea what I'm doing.  

... so, I asked for a zester for Christmas.  Wish granted.
I still have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm a bit closer.

Tonight, I served up the best wontons I've ever made alongside a pork fried rice.  Very satisfying with a side of Kona and Tony Soprano.  

5 Stars.  Will zest again.

xo



Comments

Popular Posts