Black Beans for Lana Del Rey

 


Black beans, steel pot
Cuttin' up them onions, you know it made my eyes burn
It was like, Butter-In, for sure
Use so much Old-Bay it's sick as c-cancer

You are sorta classic, but I grew up on pinto
Now you fit me better than my favorite sweater and I know
That beans are good (uh oh), in all kinds (uh oh)
But I still remember that cheese make beans better, oh baby

I will eat you 'till the end of time
I mix in that cheesy yeast
Promise you'll remember to add salt that's fine
Baby these beans bring you to tears.

During the lovely pandemic, I took my first online cooking class.
You picked up ingredients prior, and my sweet little box included a seasoning I had never used before... Old Bay!  Now I'm hooked.  Invented this little combo for refried black beans, and you should totally try it.  In honor of Lana Del Rey, obviously.

Saute onion in butter.  Add can of black beans.  Cover generously in Old Bay and nutritional yeast.  Simmer.  Add provel.  Devour.  



Comments

Popular Posts