5, 4, 3, 2, 1 SOL#27

 This format wasn't on my genre challenge list for the month, but I've seen several slicers use it and the remaining challenges on my list just don't sound fun today.  So, flexibility!  Here I go...

5 THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS PAST WEEK:

  • Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate tour with my niece, Rainey
  • A letter from a friend including poetry
  • Meeting new friends at the community garden and having a seed swap
  • Bringing my aunt dinner and having time to visit and catch up
  • A local brewery made a special Fish Fry Beer!

4 WORDS TO DESCRIBE MY UPCOMING WEEK:

  • Spring
  • Break 
  • Catch
  • Up

3 PLANS FOR THE REMAINING WEEKEND:

  • Start seeds for summer garden
  • Clean the basement
  • Relax

2 THINGS I LEARNED THIS PAST WEEK:

  • PhD programs are challenging
  • The world doesn't end if I don't make the bed

1 GOAL FOR NEXT WEEKEND:

  • Feel Refreshed!

Comments

  1. Envious of your upcoming Spring Break - our just ended a week ago and I already need another. And, I too am planning to plant seeds soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this format. We get so used to how words work so it's kind of a surprise to see how much you can say and show people when we organize and arrange thoughts in ways outside of the norm. Cool post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This format isn't on my list either, but I have seen it at least three times in the last few days, and it seems kind of fun. Your spring break plans sound a lot like mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorte - the world doesn't end if I don't make my bed! I need to print that and hang it in my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your pups like to sleep on the bed, they probably prefer the bed unmade. With sheets and blankets that are wadded and piled up, they can make "nests" to cuddle in...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this format a few days ago and was intrigued. Now I am definitely thinking I should use this with my sixth graders. What a wonderful and interesting way to combine lists and frame our lives. Thanks for sharing! (Tam Truong)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave up making the bed years ago, for an assortment of reasons, but I'll blame cats and their unwillingness to get out of the bed in the morning. I second Eddie's comment above about how much we can manage to say and show through an unexpected format and arrangement of thoughts and ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts