A Recipe for Food Prep, SOL#21

I cook... I mean like really, really cook.  Someone is born, I cook.  Someone is sick, I cook.  For my dogs, I cook.  For my husband, I cook.  For. every. damn. meal. this. week. today, I cooked!  Lol.  It was a bit much today, but I truly love the chopping, the mixing, the music, the rhythm of it all.  Plus, it feels good to give to others and to have easy to grab food for me.  I believe food nourishes in more ways than one.


Recipe #1 Turkey & Mushroom Stroganoff for the family of my newest niece, Violet (born Saturday).

Slap all of this together:  onion, garlic, chopped mushrooms, cooked ground turkey, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, cooked flat noodles, Swiss...  Yum.  

Recipe #2  Chicken Biscuit Pot Pie for the family of my newest niece, Violet (born Saturday).

Slap all of this together:  cooked and shredded chicken breast covered in garlic and thyme, gravy made from dirty chicken pan & all the butter, boiled:  carrots, onion, celery, zucchini, garlic, peas, green beans, & corn, and them top with drop biscuits and bake... Double Yum

Item #3  Boxed Brownies for the family of my newest niece, Violet (born Saturday).

Read box and follow.  Still yum.

Recipe #4  Taco Soup for my recently diagnosed aunt beginning radiation.

Slap all of this together in a crock pot:  over seasoned ground turkey, canned pinto beans, canned kidney beans, onion & garlic sauteed in butter, shredded zucchini, frozen corn, chopped bell peppers, canned diced tomatoes.  Simmer all day.

Item #5 Cornbread Muffins for my recently diagnosed aunt beginning radiation.

Read box and follow (but add honey).  Will stick to nonstick pan and look like shit, but likely still taste good.

Recipe #6 Chili for me & hubby to share tonight for dinner

Slap all this together in a second crock pot:  over seasoned ground turkey, canned chili beans, canned black beans, canned diced tomatoes, and saute:  onion, garlic, jalapeno, bell pepper & chili seasoning.  Simmer all day.

Recipe(s) #7  Turkey Burgers... Yes, I'm Eating Dog Food This Week

Both sets of burgers get the same base:  ground turkey, oatmeal, and egg.  Burgers for dogs go in the oven.  Added to mine you'll find:  spinach, red pepper, zucchini, garlic, & motz.  Mine get fried.  Yum all Around.  

Item #8 Various Food Prep Items for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner on the Go for Me this Week

Use virtually every piece of glass tupperware with a lid in the house.  Portion out:  yogurt, olives, cherry tomatoes, grapes, blueberries, raisins, almonds, fish oil pills, cantaloupe, turkey burgers.

Item #9  Copious Amounts of Black Iced Tea

Brew THREE pitchers and pour into on-the-go bottles that classmates will accuse of being whiskey.  


*and your food prep for the week is done! 

***(at least until you whip out the crock pot again on Wednesday for tacos)


Comments

  1. I found my inspiration for my slice today. Thank you. Your list is amazing and very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts