Dream Diary, SOL#6

I love sleeping... like love, love, love sleeping.  Keeping a dream diary intrigues me, yet I have never done it.  I thought it would be a fun format during this challenge to see a little slice of my dreams compared to just all of this reality I've been sharing!

I honestly don't even know how to do this because it is so discombobulated, so I'll just pick the most memorable part...

My coworker showed up wherever I was and was crying (IRL I don't think she'd cry in public).  I asked her to go around the corner and we wound up in some crazy apartment of mine that was like this giant loft.  She plopped down in a recliner type living room chair and pulled down her eyelids.  She had these giant eyes imitating those popular stuffed animals you see on round displays at drug stores, and they were all wiry red.  Like comically extreme.  She said, "I got the Red Covid."  I remember thinking like, don't be spreading your eyelids at me but wanting to seem sensitive at the same time.

It's strange how many little nuggets of my real life are in there and yet how they have nothing to do with each other.  For example, I cried at work this week (not work related).  I went to the eye doctor this week and had a ridiculous laughing fit about Visine (good story I should share later).  With the mask mandates gone, I've been wondering if I might get Covid and what strand it will be.  

I love dreaming... like love, love, love dreaming.  I've read so many books about what is going on when we sleep and when we dream, yet it still feels like this magical little mystery of the universe.  Kind of nice to have a little magic every night, I suppose.  

Comments

  1. So fun to read the details of your dream! I think I agree with you that dreams hold pieces of our memories and concerns, but in a discombobulated way (great word choice- by the way!) You painted the weird images so well, I could just see teh manga eyes but all bloodshot, and feel you recoil a bit at the "red covid!" Interesting and unique post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can raz me about my speeding ticket... but I have "don't be spreading your eyelids at me." Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Don't be spreading your eyelids at me" maybe become my new go-to sass response! Do you ever have dreams where you end up in a place -- like a complicated-ly laid-out home space -- and you realize you've dreamt of this same place, same layout, a few times before? It's odd -- am I the only one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope... happens frequently to me also. Love the strangeness of dreamland.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts