How to Get Your Socks on Right, SOL#8

 Occasionally, I need some directions.  Today, these worked for me.

Staring Point: Bed

Approximate Time:  5:20 AM

Direction:  Lack of One

*Have epiphany... mine was that some days self care looks different then others.  Normally, I would think of my 6 AM yoga class as self care.  Knowing that I won't get home from class tonight till almost 9 PM made getting up at 5:20 sound really, really stupid.  Hence, today is sleeping in with zero guilt as self care when normally this would put me on a bad train of thought about not accomplishing EVERY. SINGLE. THING. I try to accomplish on most days.

Detour:  Click cancel on class registration and lay in bed till 6:20

Turn Right: ...right out of bed that is.  Do a few things you know you'll appreciate later even if you don't want to, such as:  

  • make bed
  • open curtains 
  • run dishwasher        

Take the Scenic Route:  Jam as many furry friends as possible in your car and take a walk at your local park.  

*It helps if you take in the details.  Today, we were quite distracted by a giant bird, and I mean like real giant.  A bus driver stopped, popped open his door and said, "You better watch out for that bird!"  It was a good laugh and a nice way to start the day interacting out in the neighborhood.  I like funny people.

Fill 'er Up!:  Music is a most excellent way to fill up my soul when the tank's feeling a bit empty.  Today's playlist titled Belt It Out definitely helped my knock the dust off my tires. 

Shift Gears:  Are the puns getting to be too much?  Perhaps it's time to wrap up your morning writing and get to the day.  Idling isn't good either.  Especially if it causes a gridlock!  lol

Destination:  Arrive with a Mindset to Start the Day

Comments

  1. Well this was certainly a fun read. The format made even the parts that had little hints of dread seem whimsical. Such a talent and what a wonderful outlook. Loved this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You packed a lot into the start of your day, even without a yoga class! I hope the rest of your day is equally enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the application of directions to your day. A clever and entertaining read. (I like funny people too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're continuing to kill it in the multigenre game! Your writing this past week has been a literary romp! Please share that playlist with me. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked how you shared your thought process throughout this slice. Sometimes the best self care is just listening to your body and going with the flow! I hope you had a relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my faves to belt out is "Doctor" by the Bliss Band. Do you know that one? (It's an oldie.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NtRfhEF7yg

    Just think: WWSD. What would Sioux do? Of course she'd give herself permission to sleep in, to take some time for herself.

    You should slow down occasionally. (Oh, I forgot. Brosch doesn't usually KNOW how to slow down. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts