Virginia Reel Around the Fountain

On Tuesday, I sat in my office googling misremembered lyric after misremembered lyric.  I was sure it was something about a summer state.  Was it Death Cab?  Built to Spill? ...how can you cure an ear worm when you don't even know the damn song?

On Wednesday, I was overwhelmingly defeated.  I got home in just enough time to make dinner, but not to actually eat it before my Zoom class started.  

Thursday, I skipped my morning dog walk.  And my yoga class.

On Friday, I skipped my whole damn routine.

My Breathe Out for the week was to just chill.  In my planner, I wrote LOL next to that goal because I sure as hell didn't this week.

All of the routine skipping (which is the stuff I know is truly good for me) did get me caught up at work.  On Friday night, I shut down my computer so I wouldn't be tempted to keep an eye on my email.  Then, my body shut down a bit.  Just an absolute release of tension and the work whirl that had been in my brain all damn week.

I did find the song I wished for on Tuesday.  The lyric was not about summer, but instead "How can that be in your solid state?"  I have no idea what the hell this song is truly about, but it's brought me to ask myself where was my solid state this week?  ...was I ever present?  ...why can't I balance my dance around the fountain?  I struggle with the need for work to be done before I feel mentally well enough to play.

At least the weekend was glorious.  Try, try again.   




Comments

Popular Posts