Slice, 1: Setting Goals

 Welcome, March!

I couldn't be more ready for February to be over.  That's a lot of pressure on March, but I really hope this month of blogging is a showcase of me coming out of my shell of winter gloom.

I looked over my older posts recently from last year's Slice and 2020's Slice (I somehow didn't make it through March that year... I wonder why? lol), and as I was making the bed this morning, I thought about what kept me going in some of these past challenges. Then my brain wondered to my co-teaching buddy and a lesson she did on setting goals.  She approached it with the categories of motivation, time, and needs.  

So, here I am on day one, showing up and setting goals!

MOTIVATION.  My motivation to complete this challenge is purely intrinsic.  Most people in my day-to-day life have no idea that I even do this.  I like a good challenge, and that's part of it.  I already mostly journal daily, so I know that's a part of it too... but, there is just something different about your brain dumps hanging out in the www universe that is motivating.  I guess what I'm saying is that the challenge is motivating.  No need to create more motivation.

TIME.  Early morning.  If I want to guarantee that I will get something done, it has to be at the top of my list and done first.  My goal for managing my time is to try and Slice first thing each day.  I find this as a challenge though because what could I possibly tell you about my day before 6 AM?  My solution for this is that I will likely be slicing about the day before.  We'll see how that goes.

NEEDS.  I can't decide.  Last year, I wrote a different micro genre each day.  It was fun and creative, but maybe a bit exhausting?  I'm thinking about just brain dumping this year.  IDK.  Maybe I don't need a structure.  I'll ponder on that today.  Otherwise, I just need some thoughts.  I've got a nice, little quiet space to type from, some readers, and some living to do.  This should all be just fine.  I'll let you know how I feel on day 31.  

Happy Slicing everyone!

Comments

  1. Welcome back! You're thinking about all of the right things as we get started this month.
    I, too, like a good challenge. I'm participating in a few reading challenges on The Storygraph. There's nothing in it for me... no tangible prize at the end. However, broadening my reading horizons is a reason to participate in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the line about ‘brain dumps hanging out in the www universe’! And yes, I agree, this is different than journaling. And maybe by writing before 6 AM your brain will have been crafting a piece overnight?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts