Slice #10, Dog Mom Duty

 


I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.     
Today, a slice on being a dog mom.

I've recently switched from K-12 teaching to university.  One major perk is that most days I'm not on campus until 10 AM.  Such a change from being ready to perform by 7 AM in the K-12 world.  I have slow, glorious mornings.  I do a couple of chores, I write, I have time for exercise, I eat breakfast NOT in my car.  But, the best part is that I get to walk my dogs most mornings.

I have three furry friends named Venus, Luna, and Freya.  Being a dog mom really is the best.  They are such sweet little creatures, and I am so grateful for their antics and love.  We try to hit up a variety of StL parks each week.  This week, exploring Carondelet, Benton, Lafayette, and today, Tower Grove.  Fresh air and steps are a blessing for all four of us.  Five stars.  Highly recommend.



Comments

  1. I love the idea of exploring your identities while slicing this month. I will have to tuck that idea away. You had me with Dog Mom. I can't resist a good Dog Mom post:) They are cuties. I look forward to being a full time Dog Mom when I retire at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post about being a dog mom! Your three are super cute and I love their names are all connected <3 I am more jealous of your being able to have a morning like that before teaching though!
    -Erica J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ending! It was fun to hear about your leisurely mornings (though I feel a little jealous), and loved the chuckle that your last line brought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts