Slice #11, Keep a Tidy Soul

I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.      

Today, a slice on being a clean freak.

I've been up for maybe 30 minutes.  I've let the dogs out, fed the fish, opened the blinds, pulled back the curtains, made the bed, folded the couch blankets, picked up dog toys, loaded the dishwasher, moved a load of laundry, checked my email, wiped down the counters.  You can only imagine what I may accomplish with the rest of my day.

I keep two cleaning schedules.  One that gives me one 'big' chore a week like dust fans, vacuum behind refrigerator, clean baseboards, etc.  The second is my weekly cleaning schedule:

Sunday-change sheets & the week's food prep

Monday-clean the fish tank & do house laundry

Tuesday-dust & water plants

Wednesday-my laundry

Thursday-restrooms & floors

Friday-groceries & wash car

Saturday-yard work

I know I sound insane.  I feel good in a tidy house though.  



Comments

  1. Not insane, just organized. Life can be so busy that things will fall by the wayside without a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed! And I can’t help wondering—do your dog toys reappear on the floor as quickly as the ones at my house do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot blame you a bit for liking a clean house! My confession: I tidy up my own hotel room when I'm traveling. It feels so nice to be neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! How are you not exhausted with all that you're doing! That list of what you accomplished after being up for only 30 minutes was extraordinary. Writing it all in one sentence really conveys the extent of how productive you've been! Now I feel lazy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts