Slice #12, Being a Wife

I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.       

Today, a slice on being a wife.

Wife might be my favorite identity I write on this month.  I still remember the little tummy flip using the words husband and wife gave me 12 years ago when we first got married.  

Friday was my hubby's birthday.  I've had fun 'spoiling' him with little things from 5 Below all week as we celebrated his birthday week.  Friday, I bought him fancy cheesecakes and we went to his favorite restaurant to eat Sushi.  Saturday out with friends.  It's easy to celebrate someone you love!

Right now he's cooking us delicious brunch.  Who knows what else we'll be up to today.  Sundays are our favorite.  Happy to spend it 'wifing' with him.  <3



Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend and celebration. It's been 35 years for us and I still remember the excitement of the words husband and wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you make a "birthday week" of it; a joyful role in someone's existence absolutely deserves at least a week! I love the "exploring identities" idea of your posts. Have a wonderful Sunday...There's a great Spanish phrase that captures how your husband's brunch made you feel: Barriga llena; corazon contenta. (Belly full; heart happy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have come across a few of your other "identities" and I am thoroughly enjoying getting to know the various parts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wifing is a great time when you've got excellent company. Happy birthday to your husband! This sounds like a lovely weekend of spoiling him and enjoying your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting idea, to explore different parts of your identity with each post. Now I'm going to have to go back and read your other posts. :-) One line that I loved was: "I still remember the little tummy flip using the words husband and wife gave me 12 years ago when we first got married." I remember that, too. All of a sudden, those words felt so special and exciting to use. Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts