Slice #13, I Identify as a Listener

 I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.

Today, a slice on being a listener.  

Most teachers I know identify as readers.  I used to cherish that identity and thrive at it.  I'm not sure what it is, but the past year or so, I've lost my reading identity mojo.  I am reading so many books right now.  I can think of eight titles I am in the middle of including reading for coursework, professional development, and just for fun.  But, I have only finished one whole book so far in 2023!  My stamina is way down.

What I have figured out though is that I have become a strong listener.  That's right, I'm a avid podcast listener!  A new episode of Letters from Sing Sing dropped this morning, and I couldn't wait to hit play once I got in the car.  Tomorrow Maintenance Phase should drop an episode, making the Tuesday commute one of my favorite days.

When I finish class tonight, the rest of the episode will book end my day.  I know that podcasts haven't replaced books for me, but I want to embrace this new way of engaging with content.  Looking for a creative t-shirt design to replace all of my nerdy, book-lover shirts.  Let me know if you know of one.  lol




Comments

  1. Yes! I’m not alone:) Ear Hustle is one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Podcasts are fabulous for our commutes, I think - and I'm on your side, the content often stretches me as much as a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love podcasts, though it's difficult for me to committ to more than a few. I think it's because the few I listen to regularly have such long episodes that it takes me several days to get through them. If you are looking for podcasts tees you should see if any of your podcasts have a merch store :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go in spurts w/ podcasts, and I know you’re not alone in losing your reading mojo. Covid did it to us. Taking classes can muck w/ pleasure reading. We have many options for acquiring information these days. Keep listening g and carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was curious which path you would walk down with this slice! Podcasts and audiobooks are arguably older, literacy-wise, than books. We've been sharing knowledge by speaking and listening far longer than by writing and reading. It's s great form of literacy (and enjoyment) to tap back into!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts