Slice #14, Birder Bio

 I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.        

Today, a slice on being a birder.

Many a bird has made my heart flutter.  Pets, common, and exotic alike.  Birds are magical.  I've hatched them from eggs and had little ducks waddle around like buddies.  I've built bird gardens and watched them from afar.  

My most recent bird amusement comes from the group at Benton Park.  They're quite the mix.  Beautiful shades of brown, black, and white ducks all hang out together.  There's even two geese that seem to be part of the flock.  Last week, I tried to win them over with a cantaloupe.  It didn't work.  

Today, they were not in their normal spot, and definitely seemed 'up to something.'  One large group had split in two and they kept going back and forth over the path.  Two even 'went at it' with one pecking the other's butt!  It was like watching a middle school fight and was really weird.  The dogs and I just stood there gawking.  Ducks!  What a great way to start the day.

Here's a photo of two of my favorites that I miss dearly, Lou & Ella.  Much love to any other birders out there!



Comments

Popular Posts