Slice #15, Staycationer

I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.

Today, a slice on being a staycationer.

I wasn't supposed to be a staycationer.  I was supposed to be leaving for a road trip at this very moment. ...but, my husband isn't feeling well and hours in the car just didn't sound fun anymore.  So, here we are.  On vacation.  At home.

I'm tempted to go to my inbox.  I already didn't sleep in like I should have.  What is it about my resistance to rest?  It's ludicrous!  Recently, I found the Nap Ministry.  Their message is impacting my thinking, and I'm grateful to hear their message.  I just wish I could actually carry it out.  

Here's to me trying to relax all day.  



Comments

  1. Nap Ministry? Hum. (makes note to check it out). Hope your husband is feeling better.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your husband feels better soon, and that you get some rest on your staycation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The temptation to work on our downtime is so real. When we finally find the quiet, it feels so unfamiliar, we tend to seek out stimulation (work). I hope you found a good book or another way to unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of the last minute change of plans. Hope you have a relaxing staycation and can avoid the work temptation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts