Slice #22, Graphic Designer

I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.   

Today, a slice on graphic design.

I'm not a graphic designer.  I have no idea what that degree or career even entails.  Still, I wear that label with pride... lol.  No one could have told me how important this skill would become in my career because when I started teaching, the technology I use these days didn't even exist.  

As a director of a Writing Project site, I feel like I could make flyers in my sleep at this point.  There is at least one on every week's to-do list, and this week is no different.  In steps Canva for this morning's work.  

On Sunday, we have a writing marathon.  I wanted to design something that a 'new to marathoning' guest might find helpful.  Happy with the product, and ready to take a walk.  I'll put my graphic design hat on again today multiple times.  It's a part of my job I really enjoy.  Who knew making flyers would feel like a creative outlet?  :)





Comments

  1. You are definitely motivating writers and encouraging the act of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Canva make a great team! Makes me wonder about a writing workshop to teach graphically challenged writers (like me) how to blend writing and design—it’s becoming more of a necessity all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool, Tim. Canva has made me think I can do it even if I know all the training wheels it provides. (I love this idea of the marathon, may borrow it, and you made me look up to my shelf where Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones rests, just waiting to be opened again!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Canva. I still remember grousing in my earlier teaching days about "kids obsessing about the font and the color before the content" - it's such an interesting twist that the two go hand in hand, or that the format does influence the content so much when you're creating for a visual medium. It's definitely another way to build writing muscle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts