Slice #23, Writing Project Director

I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.   

Today, a slice on being a Writing Project Director.

I LOOOOOVE Writing Project.  I feel pretty lucky to say that I found it in my 3rd year of teaching.  The organization is a major influence in what has sustained my career, and now I'm lucky to be part of the leadership team for the St. Louis Writing Project, GWP.

Today, I spent hours on a Zoom call working with other site directors all across the US reading site reports and thinking about our sites' strengths and weaknesses.  Wowza.  Writing is powerful, y'all, and Writing Project Sites do amazing work. 

If you're not connected to one in your area, find em.  Today.  lol


  

Comments

  1. Consider me intrigued! I am not connected with a Writing Project; I certainly know that writing is powerful, though. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I like the sound of writing project! Good on you for loving it enough to be a leader

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to attend workshops with a local writing project but haven't in a long time, and just moved to a new state. I loved your last line: "If you're not connected to one in your area, find em. Today." It was a good reminder to find out about a local writing project in my new area, and in fact I did do some googling in between reading your post and writing this comment. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! The Writing Project changed my life many, many years ago. I am a Co-Director of the Long Island Writing Project in NY. The National Writing Project is indeed such an amazing organization. I do hope people check out their local sites. It is transformational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Participating in the GWP summer coursework has been on my bucket list for years! You do amazing things and I love being a social media/conference/activity stalker! Maybe someday I’ll be official…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts