Slice #24, In Rain or Sleet or Snow

I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.   

Today, a slice on being a loyal patron of the USPS.

I chose this project because it occurred to me how many people in my life only know me from one angle or perspective... many not knowing about my writing habits at all.  Mail is definitely the exception.  

I still keep a paper address book.  It has around 100 addresses in it, and I send mail to all of those addresses regularly.  I keep a little schedule of 6 'groups' of friends, family, and/or colleagues, and I mail out a batch of postcards each week to one of those groups.  

This morning, I wrote postcards to my uncles, my parents, my brothers, and my nieces and nephews.  They are usually goofy with little drawings, quotes, or jokes.  Just nice little messages to let people know I'm checking in on them.  Think of them as a tiny little writing bomb of joy.  I do.

Who can you check in on today?

*sent out Darth Vader & Son today!


Comments

  1. What a cool way to keep in touch! I am a thank-you card writer: it's my daily habit while traveling, especially. I choose one or two people I had a meaningful connection with, jot a quick note, and wing it off to their school address before leaving town. There's just something about the paper connection (and keeping USPS going!) that feels more meaningful than an email.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts