Slice #27, Team Player

 I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.    

Today, a slice on being part of a team.

I think this idea came to me because it is something we are studying in class--how do all of the intersections of who we are impact how we experience the world.  It's not just that I'm a woman, but a white, heterosexual woman.  I'm married but have chosen not to have children.  I don't practice a religion. I teach, write, garden, and do yoga.  I love animals, music, and cooking.  I'm a loyal friend, work hard, but am often playing just as hard.

This month's exploration is also about how my life can be pretty compartmentalized.  Very few people that I interact with get a glimpse into the other 'compartments'  Some people know more sides of me than others, and it makes me realize how little I know about so many people that play roles in my own life. 

I work on an awesome team.  Overall, we are very different human beings but have truly figured out how to use that for good.  We respect each other, our different work habits, and value that we each bring something different to the work.  Today is the first day of spring break... a glorious week without one class or one meeting.  Except, a team member just asked for a meeting.  I'm writing this blog instead of replying to the email.  Then I'm going to shower and nap and think it over.

I'm not sure how this all blends together, really, but it does.  

Comments

  1. This makes me think of how our lives are like puzzle pieces—different pieces somehow all fit together to make a whole. I hope you took your sweet time answering the email and that you have lots of nothing on your schedule this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting to that blissful spring break! I hope you get to lean into the no-meetingness of it all and truly recharge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts