Slice #28, Sloth Song

 I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.    

Today, a slice on being a sloth.

Normally, I'm a road runner.  But today, I'm on spring break. 

Part of my daily routine is to make a 'Today' list on Google Tasks before I go to bed for the next day.  It normally has about 10 - 20 things on it including the chores that need to be done at home, appt/mtg times, things that need to get done at work, etc. But, it also includes the fun things like hobbies I want to tackle or texts to send to friends.  

Sunday night, I made my list for Monday.  When I woke up, I looked at it and deleted the whole list.  Last night?  Didn't even make one.  I love my lists, but something about the sloth in me is resisting them during this week of spring break rest when they just aren't needed.  

I'm going to do things when I feel like doing them, and that will be just fine.




Comments

  1. I love that you got rid of the list today because of spring break! Sometimes we deserve a slow down. On breaks, my mom refers to me as Summer Camp Sally as I stray from my usual "roadrunner" mentality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found the sloth in you ... we all need those shutdown moments where we just say stop. Enjoy this week of just living in the moment and doing exactly what you feel like doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be a sloth next week on my Spring Break! You are my inspiration. I love that you are slowing down and appreciating the time to just be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the image of you looking at your to do list and then deleting it. I love, too, the alliteration of "a slice on being a sloth". Such a fun post! And I also love reading about the permission you're giving yourself to NOT be productive for once. It's hard for me to let go of that, so I always love seeing role models of people who do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good move! Enjoy your week without lists—and I’m pretty sure you’ll also welcome them back when the week is over

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts