Slice #29, Nanny Nostalgia

I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day. 

Today, a slice on being a nanny.

In 1999, I took a job as a nanny.  Dan was one, and Mike would be born a year later.  I could write for hours about our adventures at the Zoo, the park, in the yard, on bikes, building towers, reading books, cooking, dancing to music, and just exploring & loving life in general.  Some of my happiest memories are with those boys.

They're men now... 23 & 25.  I met their Mom for dinner last night.  The oldest got married a year or so ago and moved out of state.  It was crazy to catch up and hear about his career and new adulting adventures.  It feels like my antics with him were a lifetime ago.   It can feel strange sometimes, like we live multiple lives within our own lifetime.

I cherish my friendship with this family and know how lucky I am to have had them in my life.




  

Comments

  1. Your last line is a keeper - we all do lead multiple lives within our lifesan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to keep tabs on kids from long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something about kids that makes you experience life more immediately. They just throw themselves into experiences in ways that grownups don't! What a special relationship and incredible memories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts