Slice #31, VAL Volunteer

 I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.

Today, a slice on being a volunteer.

During the growing season, I take a shift each week watering the community garden for our local food pantry.  Every Monday, the dogs run around sniffing while I give everything a good watering.  It's easy work that I know does some good in my neighborhood.  It's always just me though, doing my shift while others do theirs.

Today!  I actually get to be with those other people.  A work day fell on my last day of spring break, and I'm getting ready to head over and work a few hours in this beautiful weather with some lovely people.  Being with people is more fun.  

I really had fun slicing.  Happy April, y'all!



Comments

  1. It was so cool to read about these slices of yourself and participate alongside you. Congratulations on a fabulous month of writing and happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts