Slice #4, Being a Friend

I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.  

Today, a slice on being a friend.

In 9th grade, I walked up to Erika and said, "I like your socks."  30 years later, and we're still chatting about socks.  This morning, I met my BFF at 7:30 for breakfast and mimosas.  She had just finished 'dry February' and a 12 hour overnight shift at the hospital.  Toasts were necessary.

30 years! (for perspective, I am 43)  This person has been a huge part of my life for a majority of my life, and we've supported each other through every situation under the sun.  Breakfast was lovely, as our time together always is.  No topics are off limits, there's time to grump, time to laugh, and even time to worry together.  I'm grateful for this friendship and that a slice of my day was spent with her.  

Restaurants, mimosas, and besties; 5 STARS



Comments

  1. You are so fortunate to have your best friend close to you. Both of my best friends live in Florida. Phones and video help to bring us closer but there is nothing like meeting for breakfast on a Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True friendship is a gift to be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've captured quite the continuum of experiences from grump to laugh to worry, and we are able to infer all the in-betweens with "no topic is off-limits." Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha to dry February. 3 fewer days than my dry January. Good thinking. :-) How wonderful to have your BFF nearby to pick up where you left of the last time. Mine is in NJ and I am in Mass, so our meetups are few and far between, but always special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teaser caught my eye. 5 star friend review. I am glad you have such a solid person in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts