Slice #5, A Sunday Morning Connoisseur

I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.   

Today, a slice on being an art connoisseur in St. Louis.

Our 2023 New Year's Resolution is to see more art.  Frankly, it's one of the funnest resolutions we've ever made.  If you live in St. Louis, you know that it is Art in Bloom Weekend... one of my favorite yearly shows.  Maybe this exhibit is in every city, and I just don't know, but basically, it's art interpreted through flower arrangements.  

Our typical lazy Sunday was shaken up today.  We were out the door by eight, stopped at Southwest Diner for a fun little breakfast of turkey sausage/pancake corn dogs on the patio, and then strolled around taking in the fun combinations of flowers and art.  The weather is even nice.  

This is how I shake off the last bit of winter.  It somehow feels like the last bit of shaking off the pandemic too.  It feels like, as a whole, we are healing.  Art is exciting and awakening.  

Plus, I got to be an expert judge in matters of taste... the corn dogs were delicious!



 

Comments

  1. That sounds like so much fun! Not just art, but good food, too! I haven't been to an art fair in years - we'll have to try for one when the weather gets warmer. Meanwhile, here in Chicago the Art Institute has a new show on Salvadore Dali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast on a patio! It is still a little bit too nippy where I am to do this. I am jealous. It sounds like you have a perfect Sunday planned out. (I love art and flowers.) Did a certain display in particular wow you? Heidi C. (Wordsmithing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love St. Louis Art Museum, and though I don't live there anymore, I had to check out the event. What a wonderful day you must have had perusing among the flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful. Exploring our identities is an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts