Slice #7, Tuesday Yogi

I'm choosing to explore my identities this month, focusing on a different angle of me each day.    

Today, a slice on being a yogi.

I found yoga 13 years ago.  No idea why I tried it, but boy did it stick.  I've dealt with some physical pain for most of my life and many, many doctors have tried to advise me on many, many ways to manage it.  Let me tell you, YOGA WORKS.

I've tried all kinds of yoga ... even goat yoga!  lol.  But my most favorite yoga class that I have ever found happens every Tuesday at 6:15 AM at my local YMCA.  I practiced yoga at home through covid, but this 6:15 AM Tuesday class was one of the first things I ventured out for once vaccinated.  So, for two years now, I've met with Reiko and found a true mentor and person worth my admiration.  She's a gem.  How lucky am I to have found the most amazing teacher right in my own neighborhood?

Try a yoga pose today, friends!



Comments

  1. I love yoga but don’t do it the way I used to since the demands of kids and work have taken over my life. You’ve inspired me to find a way back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goat yoga! 🐐 That sounds like a hilarious experience, but it's so good that the practice that feeds your soul most is right around home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently found Yoga and it has been a special gift to my soul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts