Slice #10 -- Hubby's Birthday

 


I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today...  the object of my affection!

It's my hubby's birthday today!  He's still snoozing away, but when he wakes up, there will be birthday bacon breakfast, a walk at the Botanical Garden, presents, drinks, cheesecake, and a big taco dinner with his brothers and friends at our house.  

We're in our forties.  Some friends give me trouble because I still go so big for birthdays, but I really love the chance to give people their special day.  I'm looking forward to all the little things that will make this Sunday special.  

I hope you find something or someone to celebrate today too.

Comments

  1. I was in a relationship for many years where my birthday was no big deal and just tucked in between lots of other family members' birthdays. In fact, my children don't even acknowledge it most years. However, a few years ago, I started doing nice things just for me like a manicure, massage or a lobster roll! It is now, as it should always have been, a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day you have planned for your hubby. We're never too old to celebrate birthdays especially since each one is a gift. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you go big for birthdays and I'm sure he does too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts