Slice #11 -- The Audio Book


I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... the audio book.

Of course I'm a reader, but audio books are quite new to me.  For some time, it was podcasts, but recently I found myself a bit burnt out and in need of something else to listen to.  Enter, audio books!  In the beginning, there were some wins (Just Mercy) and some that weren't finished at all (not naming).  Then, I got the best idea ever.

Every Christmas, I watch all of the Harry Potter movies.  This year, I found myself forgetting some of the 'real' story lines from the text that weren't explained or featured in the movies.  I knew it was time to reread them all, and that's when the Harry Potter audio book project began.

Today, I'm heading to Jefferson City for a meeting.  I have four delightful hours in the car and will certainly finish the book I'm on and maybe even start the next.

I couldn't get the AI to generate a wizard, though I tried.  The rest of the pic is pretty spot on though... except I promise to not be looking at a text while driving.  lol 

Comments

  1. Oh, I bet that was a lovely way to spend the drive! I have fond memories of listening to The Goblet of Fire during a roadtrip as a kid. I can't remember if it was during a move or just visiting my grandparents, but it was one of the rare book choices to unite my mother, little sister, and teenage me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, makes me think I should try the Harry Potter audio books. I listen to audio books frequently, but haven't done the Harry Potter ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts