Slice #19 -- My Mandolin


I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... my mandolin.

Happy first day of spring!  One tiny slice from my (good) morning(s) is that I like to wake up with a little time to meditate and do some yoga.  Lately, I've been strumming my mandolin during meditation, and I'm finding it to be a nice little tweak.  

I'm not great at meditating (just going for 10% happier if you know what I mean), and I'm absolutely horrible at playing musical instruments.  I find that the vibrations, the sound, and the strumming all make controlling my brain and thoughts for just a few minutes easier though.

Perhaps we should all be willing to do more things we 'aren't good at' because they might still be 'good for us.'

Comments

  1. I'm sure my mandolin playing is worse than yours! Still, I can appreciate the freedom that comes from playing an instrument, even it's badly. For me, low-stakes drawing serves much the same function. I have a sketchbook that keep at work to fight the midafternoon lull and 10 minutes of drawing is a pretty reliable way to make myself 10% happier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts