Slice #2 -- My Yoga Mat

 


I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... my yoga mat.  

Normally, the hubby and I hit up the 4:30 yoga class on Sunday.  I'm going to see a play with some friends tomorrow though, and our normal class just won't fit in.  So, we tried out the 8:30 AM class today instead.  It was packed to the gills.  We squeezed ourselves in a back corner, occasionally bumping into each other.  Playful and delightful.

It's just a small, thin, plain, cheap, rubber mat, but it has a giant impact on my daily life.  On a good week, I roll it out 5 or 6 times.  I'm fifteen years deep into my yoga practice and am grateful for every minute on that mat.  Yoga began as a very effective pain management strategy (still is) and eventually led to some great mental health perks also.  If you've never tried, I implore you to find a place near you and pop in.  Yoga is for everyone!

As for today's AI generated artwork, I can't stop laughing.  My husband says you can tell anything is AI created if it includes hands (as they never come out quite right).  I find it extra comical that it would give 'him' an extra pair of hands on his knees.  

Happy Slicing and (hopefully) Happy Stretching!

Comments

  1. I love that you've found a format to emulate here. What a great way to structure the month and to give yourself a new challenge. Also, this reminds me that I need to begin again the yoga practice that I have failed to make a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used your art membership emails as inspiration for this writing challenge. The AI yoga image is definitely what caught my eye, causing me to zoom in on those hands to try and make sense of them. I look forward to reading more object inspired pieces this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My yoga mat has been collecting dust for the last couple years--I really need to get back in the practice. I think my biggest issue is not setting aside time to do it each week. Maybe this post will be the push I needed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts