Slice #24 -- The Crock-pot

I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... the crock-pot.

Sunday is food prep day.  I usually spend a few hours prepping lunches, snacks, and dog food for the week.  After prepping for hours, I don't want to spend much time on dinner later, so I often get something in the slow cooker for dinner during this time also.  

An ode to the slow cooker may be a weird one, but it honestly does positively impact my life.  Because I am often in evening classes, we use it multiple times a week.  It's a way to send my husband a little love through a warm meal even though I can't be home with him to eat it.  The crock-pot also allows me to make pretty big batches--freezing half for future lunches.  Plus, it makes the house smell great!  What a simple, beautiful object in my life.

Today, a good old fashioned chicken noodle soup full of ginger, onions, garlic, carrots, and celery!  This AI art is pretty goofy, but I couldn't get over the carrots in a chef's hat.  Wishing everyone the time to cook up something yummy this week.


Comments

  1. Tracy, thanks for sharing your tasty slice. I just added two ingredients to my soup list: garlic and ginger. I think they will add kick to my soup. You are right that the chef's hat add a bit of fun to the picture. I hope we continue chatting with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crock pots are great! Put everything in, turn it on. Come back when dinner is ready. We like using ours as well - chicken marsala...beef stroganoff...lasagna. arjeha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts