Slice #26 -- Blanket Love

 

I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... blankets.  

If there is one thing I over-buy, it's blankets.  I have blankets in nearly every color, style, and fabric to match the color schemes of different rooms in the house.  If I'm sitting, it's a 50/50 chance that I'll be wrapped in a blanket.  I think the saying should be, 'best thing since blankets' instead of sliced bread.  

When the dogs whined to go out at 5 AM this morning, I obliged and then went back to my favorite blanket.  It's very stretchy and soft.  It has just right breathability for a nighttime blanket.  I'm never cold, nor hot.  So, I snuggled in tight, put my eye mask on, and had creepy dreams.  Oddly, not a bad start to a spring break morning.  

If this is your first visit, then you may question the mountains in my AI generated artwork... but, the joke continues.  I live in St. Louis-- NO mountains in sight!  Yet, AI generates them nearly half the time without being asked.  It gives me a chuckle.  At least the blankies, dogs, and snacks are accurate!

 


Comments

  1. I love your use of AI and writing. These are scary and yet exciting times in the word of writing that I am exploring with my grad students this year. The intersection of real and not so real is VERY real in my classes! I can also connect with your blankets, although my collection is small. During the pandemic, I ordered a brown fleece blanket for my then 2 year old grandson to nap with at my house while his parents worked from home. It somehow became the chocolate blanket and he still says convincingly that it smells like chocolate when you are sleeping NOW, I cuddle up under it on cold evenings - hoping, like in the Polar Express, that I will one day smell that elusive chocolate smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, blankets are so personal--they're a great insight into someone's mind! In my house, we call cold-weather time Blanket Season because it's just a rotating selection of blankets I pull out every week. The cats are big fans of Blanket Season lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts