Slice #28 -- The Plate

I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... the plate. 

One of the glorious things about spring break?  I get time to catch up and just be with people.  On Monday, my cousin and I met for happy hour around a plate of jalapeno toasted raviolis.  On Tuesday, lunch with JD and a plate of avocado empanadas.  I was late for Tuesday happy hour with my pals from my last job, but still grabbed a cold fry from the plate.  Yesterday, it was dinner with my brothers, laughing around a plate of fried chicken.

Today, I'll meet my work bestie for lunch and my hubby and I will meet my parents for dinner.  I'm already fantasizing about what I'll order.  On Sunday, my bestie and her partner will gather around brunch plates for a homemade breakfast sandwich buffet at our place.  

My guts might be questioning how full I am, but my heart is not.  I love food and I love gathering around a plate with friends and family.  Feeling blessed this week and grateful for some time off to be with others.  

Comments

  1. Gatherings centered on food are the best way, in my opinion, to encourage conversations and time together. I am so glad you are having a FULL week (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you specifically highlight the plate and its importance in social gatherings, sharing of food, because I tend to be more of a bowl person. Even when offering a selection of snacks for my students, I arrange them in bowls lol. I will have to think more about plates and their places in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts