Slice #3 -- The Leaf Blower


I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.


Today... my leaf blower.

I LOOOOOOOVE my leaf blower.  I only discovered the astonishing efficiency of the leaf blower a few years ago.  It's like a magical outdoor super-broom device.  (I own two-- just to be safe)  I am the type of person that loves nature... sitting on the patio, watching the birds, gardening, etc.  I am also the type of person that cannot handle visual chaos.  I need visual tidiness in my life in order to relax.  Well, the great outdoors and tidiness just do not work well together.  Enter:  leaf blower!

My leaf blower allows me to 'sweep' the patio and walkway in a minute or two.  I use it multiple times a week.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I tidied up all the little droppings from the trees, got all the furniture clear of debris, took care of some stray mulch, and shooed some fall-dropped leaves into the street.  Glorious!  ...except, by the time we made it home last night, the squirrels had gotten into the gutter and lovingly sprinkled old, crusty leaves all over the steps and back porch.

So, yes, in less than 24 hours since the last blow, I blew again this morning.  Took two minutes max.  It's all tidy and ready for me to enjoy today's weather.   What a blessing.

On the funny note, what I typed into the AI art generator today created a squirrel blowing leaves with what looks like a hose nozzle.  Ridiculous in such a fun way.  Happy Slicing everyone!

Comments

  1. You just taught me something new- AI Art generator. The image it created for your piece made me laugh. I was thinking the nozzle is the correct size for a squirrel's leaf blower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaf blowers are very efficient! We have a lawn service (because we're seniors now) and they blow away everything for us. I love your squirrel blowing (or watering?) the leaves! I have a friend who regularly posts the ridiculous artwork generated by his requests - makes for good laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! I loved reading about your fascination with the leaf blower. Especially, your reasoning for wanting to use it: "Well, the great outdoors and tidiness just do not work well together. Enter: leaf blower!" Your AI artwork made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts