Slice #30 -- A Knee Brace

I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... a knee brace.

My right leg has been tricky for over a decade.  My right knee has been tricky on stairs for over a week.  Well, yesterday turned from tricky to tears.  I had the mindset that strengthening the knee just might fix it.  The rowing machine had the mindset of tearing it apart.  I have an appointment first thing Monday morning.  Until then, I have no idea.

I pictured an Easter weekend full of biking, basketball, yard work, and my general 'go to 11' take on life.  Now, I think I'll mostly sit in the backyard and read.  Still delightful, I suppose.

Yesterday, I was a wreck.  I did get my hands on a pain relieving knee brace, and this morning, the pain's better.  I'm still a wreck.  I find it funny that I asked AI to make a woman crying very hard, yet there are no tears.  Instead, she seems to be crying out to the universe.  For once, AI has been insightful on what is really bothering me... I just can't get my damn body to cooperate over the last several months.  I want to do more than it seems capable of doing, and I'm just not sure how to accept that.  Damn.

Comments

  1. Ouch! And I do think that she (and you) are crying out to the universe. I only hope that there is an adequate response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this sounds like a significant physical complaint that is literally crying for relief and hope for an easy finish. When my son was playing college football, I learned of the RICE (rest, ice, compression, exercise) and I have dutifully used it through MANY aches and pains of the last few years. I wish you some good books and a plan for pain elimination on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking on the bright side to enjoy some reading, but the pain does not sound fun at all. I hope you get relief soon and get your knee back in working order. I like the tie-in between your experience and the AI image. I played with Adobe Firefly for a bit on Friday. I lost interest after the eclipse I requested wasn't quite right, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts