Slice #4 -- The Dog Leash


I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... not one, but three dog leashes.

The only accurate thing in this generated art is the smile on the lady's face.  Our leashes are short and made with metal links and cloth handles.  Black for Luna (a schnauzer mutt), red for Venus (a yorkie schnauzer mix), and pink for Freya (a chihuahua jack russell mix).  

The leashes are the objects that allow us to get out and explore beyond our own yard.  A little googling tells me the leash has been around for thousands of years at this point.  Which makes me wonder if we should be better at it.  Even after 12 years of walking, they still pull, they still slip out of their harnesses occasionally, and they definitely still tangle their leashes.

Back to the beyond the yard experience though... we've been so many places!  Easily hundreds of walks per year.  The leash is the 'chore' that brings me joy.  Fresh air, tall trees, birds, headphones, and an opportunity to be present every day.  

This morning, I have a very early (for me) work meeting, so we set out earlier than usual and took a shorter than usual walk.  The girls smelled the grass;  I smelled the unusually early-in-the-season warm, spring air.  Great way to start the day.  5 Stars.  Would Recommend.  Will Use Leash Again.  

Comments

  1. Love this! Who knew that leashes have been around that long? We should definitely have better solutions... I found the harnesses that have the leash attachment in the front work much better for pulling! Your dogs sound adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no expert on dog breeds but if the image above is supposed to resemble the dog breeds mentioned in Tracy's post then these are either gargantuan lap dogs or the woman walking them is about 3 and a half feet tall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Another failure of art generated by AI :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts