Slice #5 -- The Sticky Note




I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... the sticky note.

Perhaps the sticky note is wasteful.  Choosing it as my object today may make me consider the amount of waste I generate in tiny sticky paper.  For now, though, we are still good friends.  A pack of sticky notes is generally something I have with me most of the time.  I use it in moments where my brain needs to compute, in times that I need to remember to follow up with something later, as a teaching tool, as a bookmark... the list goes on.

This morning, I spent a bit of time preparing sticky notes for an upcoming conference.  We are using them for a hexagonal thinking activity, and I wrote on exactly 88 hexagon shaped sticky notes.  I think this little slice of my day says a lot of things:  that I love a good discussion strategy, that I would rather write by hand then cut out shapes, that I like to be prepared ahead of time, and that I think learning with others should be fun and interesting.  I guess you CAN say a lot with a little piece of paper.

As for today's AI image, I typed in this:  a white woman with light brown hair standing at a table writing on hexagon shaped colorful sticky notes.  How they wound up on the wall is beyond me.  I like the sweater they put 'me' in though!   

Comments

  1. Wow! Thanks for introducing me to AI with Adobe Firefly. At first I thought your writing might be a product of AI, and I'm so glad it wasn't. I'm old school and having trouble wrapping my brain around AI's benefits. Even though I'm old school, I do use a sticky note app on both my smart phone and laptop, which results in a little less waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of focusing on one object. I will have to remember this on a day I can't come up with an idea (there are lots of them!) I was introduced to AI on Saturday as a learning and teaching tool. I am anxious to spend some time exploring it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of the "What office supply are you?" prompt from last summer. So much can be conveyed through they type of sticky note you choose and how you use them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts