Slice #8 -- Time


I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today... time.

Time isn't really and object, I suppose.  Yet, today it is something that caught me off guard.  As I have three dogs, morning alarms are never really needed in my life.  I can guarantee either Freya or Venus will grump at me prior to 5:30 am.  Daily.  And if I try to attempt to lay back down, they always grump again within an hour or so with the focus going from being outside to wanting to be fed.

But today, I'm waking up in a hotel wiped from a very long and very full day at the Write to Learn conference.  I DID wake up at 5:00 as expected... my body is too trained not to I'm guessing.  But, I figured no harm in resting a little longer--UNTIL, I didn't wake up till EIGHT!  This may not seem like a big deal, but I can't remember the last time I slept till 8 AM with no consciousness that I was doing so.

It was jarring, yet nice.  I hope time surprises you somehow today.

Comments

  1. Sometimes the surprise gifts of time are the best - may it be extra rest or something cancelled and you get to wander around without any duty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image created for today and can 100% relate to animal alarm clocks. Today my alarm was set to go off at 7 (sleeping in a bit), but the cats had other ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts