Slice #9 -- A New Washer & Dryer

 


I am a member of our local art museum.  They send out emails titled Object of the Day linking to pieces in the museum and providing some info.  It's nice, and what I will imitate during the Slice of Life challenge for 2024.  Each day, I am highlighting an object used in my daily life and generating a piece of art to accompany my writing by using the AI program, Adobe Firefly.

Today...  TWO objects!  The washer & dryer.

Our washer and dryer have been on their last, last legs for months now.  I do like a fourth of a load at a time and wait an hour between dries.  There are only two humans in my house, but with this pace, I have to do multiple loads per day.  (insert tiny violin here)

On President's Day (subtle reminder that this was THREE weeks ago), we ordered a new pair for delivery.  The site deceitfully said, 'ships within two days.'  When I checked out though, the earliest delivery option was today.  I groaned a bit, but figured I could hold out for three weeks and accepted that the world is a busy place.

I was certain today's post would be one of joy celebrating these new magnificent objects in my life.  Instead, I woke up this morning to an email that they are cancelling my delivery for today.  I'm a little pissy, tons of sad, and certain there is not one thing I can do about it.

... the fact that AI generates mountains in nearly every photo I request is a small thing to brighten the day though, I suppose.  


Comments

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your delivery comes through soon! I have had to do the laundromat thing in your situation. I am intrigued by the AI photo generation and Object-of-the-Day approach. What a cool idea. (I may have to borrow it for a post or two later this month. March is L---O---N---G---.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oof, I had a devil of a time with my delivery as well. I hope you take solace in the fact that unlike today's image, you're not sitting in a strange (broken?) hamper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting tedious weekend chores (such as laundry) out the way while also being in the great outdoors - what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts